Donald Trump is just a vehicle.
It’s his supporters who are using HIM to strike back at politicians they see as having not served them well.
They’re not particularly enamored with Trump. They’re not interested in his policies, because, well, he doesn’t have any.
So, I’m not sure I would waste my time trying to understand how to convert them. They are unconvertible. They want to blow stuff up. They’re about apocalypse and destruction and pitchforks and torches.
Donald is just being his typical opportunistic self and going after this YUGE constituency that both parties abandoned. That happens to be about 37% of the population leaving 63% of the rest of us to keep our wits.
When Donald leaves, they’ll still be around.
The next president is going to have to work hard for everyone because next election, we might get another Trump like candidate but with much more discipline and intelligence. Then we’re all screwed.
Filed under: General |