Ok, let me get this straight:
- The emails in question were found on a Weiner device, which just sounds bad
- The emails were not sent to or from Hillary Clinton
- The emails were to or from Huma.
- There are thousands of them
- The FBI doesn’t have a warrant to look at them so the FBI doesn’t know what they are about or how they connect to Hillary or anything really.
- Nevertheless, Comey announces his intention to tell Congress to Lynch.
- She strongly cautions him NOT to do that so as to not look political.
- He does it anyway because he was in a tough spot. No, this makes no sense to me. We have seen Comey in tough spots before. That never stopped him from taking risks. Why should he fear a bunch of cynical, zealous politicians who are determined to pursue the Clintons so they gum up the gears of government and get nothing done for four years?
My best guess is that Comey was trying to help downticket Republicans. He knows Trump is a bad guy.
Instead, he shoots himself and his reputation in the foot.
This looks stupid, politically motivated and short sighted.
It’s pissed off so many Clinton supporters that they’re flocking to early voting sites in large numbers and donating even more to her campaign.
Looks like Jim just made his new boss look bad. It’s a not a good start to their working relationship to say the least.
Filed under: General |