This arrived in my email by mistake:
From: David Axelrod, Obots For America
Dear valued OFA team member:
Tonight Barack Obama will make a very important speech about the conflict in Afghanistan. It is crucial that we rally support for our President as he implements his new strategy. Here’s how you can help:
1. During and after the speech you should post comments on your favorite blogs praising the speech and the President’s policies.
2. Be sure to mention how inspiring the speech was, and how President Obama has proven his mettle as a war-time President. It wouldn’t hurt to throw a jab at you-know-who by saying “he’s answered that 3 am call.”
3. It is important that you point out that President Obama carefully weighed the advice of all the experts, but made his own decision. Use terms like “firm, but measured” and “carefully crafted” to describe the new policy.
4. Don’t forget to place the blame for conflict where it belongs – on Bill Clinton. If he hadn’t been fooling around with Monica Lewinsky he would have captured Osama bin Laden back in the nineties. But also mention how George Bush made a mess of things too.
5. Personalize your comments as much as possible by describing how people you know are serving in the military. If you have relatives that served in previous wars mention them too. If you don’t know anyone that is or has served, just make it up.
6. Last but not least, remind people that President Obama promised to “finish the job” in Afghanistan during the campaign. It was the war in Iraq that he opposed.
Thank you for you valuable assistance. The speech begins at 8pm Eastern (5pm Pacific)
p.s. Don’t forget to donate!