This post introduces and explains a new series, “PPACA FAQ” which is a joint venture between The Confluence and Corrente. lambert, the proprietor of Corrente, is the author and “I” in the post below:
KatieBird and I, with assists from Hipparchia and Rainbow Girl, are starting a new series, whose title is as you see:
PPACA is, of course, the “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” which, being none of those things (except a big Act), is informally known as ObamaCare.
So, our concept is to pose and then answer questions about the PPACA (ObamaCare), for two reasons:
- People need help, and AFAIK only conservatives are offering it.
- People should also understand that ObamaCare’s complexity just doesn’t have to be, and that single payer is a real and better alternative.
So this is the plan:
1. A regular Monday post that summarizes ACA (ObamaCare) news from the previous week, and looks ahead to the coming week. This will be especially important as deadlines for opening the exchanges, and then for signing up (or deciding to take the penalty) approach.
2. A regular Tuesday post from lambert that poses and answers at least one question (and includes a plug for single payer at the end!)
3. A regular Thursday post from katiebird that does the same.
4. At the end of each month, we compile the posts into an eBook.
5. FAQs will be cross-posted to (or from) The Confluence.
(KatieBird and I worked this out in a conference call today. We might also have regular chats and conference calls if enough people want to get involved.)
Needless to say, we’d welcome other regular posters: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are still open!
So, readers, what are some of the questions you’d like answered? Maybe we can put them in the FAQ! Let us know in comments.
NOTE * The ObamaCare Survival Guide comes from the right. The rest of “the left” is too busy defending Obama to worry about how the rest of us poor shlubs are going to be affected.
NOTE I really have to confess to complete fear and loathing for the whole process. I don’t know how to buy health insurance. It’s a mystery to me (and I don’t buy into the whole “informed consumer” myth anyhow). So any question I would come up with woud be very, very basic. I might start with the prototype website and work through it. But I would also really, really welcome an explainer about the metals and how to compare them from somebody who really understands that stuff [cough] Hipparchia or [cough] Katiebird. Then I could take bits of that post and amplify them.
This post was originally posted at Corrente. Questions & comments are welcome and encouraged at both blogs. (Katiebird)